Health and Wellness/Membership
The Health & Wellness Department is dedicated to the health, physical and social development of all members. Our pre-school, nursery and junior sports programs are designed to coordinate eye-hand, eye-foot, gross and fine motor and balance skills. Our adult and senior program is designed to keep those involved in shape and up-to-date on proper exercise and nutrition information.
Socialization, working at your own pace and having fun in a safe environment are the main goals of the department. Our staff is professionally trained to enhance the individual development of all who participate. We are proud to offer a well-rounded program for ALL AGES. You are never too young or old to exercise!
Programs for adults include:
- Group fitness classes for members at Central Queens and virtual fitness classes including Zumba, Kickboxing, Yoga, and more
- Free group exercise classes for seniors offered virtually and in person at Sam Field including SilverSneakers, Balance, Aerobics, Tai Chi, Zumba Gold, and more
- Personal training, fitness center, pool, and gym for members at Central Queens
- NEW Fitness Membership at the TFP Fitness Space in Little Neck
- Summer pool clubs in Little Neck and Bayside
For more information, please contact [email protected].
Do you need assistance in finding a job or advancing your career? Are you looking to enter or reenter the workforce? We can help! We offer free job placement assistance, vocational training programs, work supports, and more to participants in search of employment or who are interested in making a career move at our Employment Hub in Elmhurst.
- Job placement assistance and career counseling
- Free training and internship programs in culinary arts, IT, allied health, security guard, and more
- Digital Literacy and English as a Second Language (ESOL) Classes
- Free enrollment assistance and referrals for services including SNAP (food stamps), Medicaid and other health insurance, food pantry, Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP), legal and financial counseling, and more
If you are interested in any of our programs, please fill out our interest form here.
No one should ever go hungry. We can help. The Commonpoint Queens Digital Food Pantry, which has locations in Little Neck (Tanenbaum Family Pool), Forest Hills (Central Queens), Elmhurst (the Hub), and Queens Village (Martin Van Buren High School) offers kosher fresh produce and non-perishable goods for the greater Queens community. After an intake, clients are registered into a digital database, allowing them to log on to the system from home or from one of our in-house kiosks, and order their personalized monthly food selections which will then be prepared and ready to be picked up within minutes.
Client intakes and orders are processed Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. Hours for each location are the following:
Monday – 11am-2pm & 3pm-6:30pm
Tuesday – 9am-2pm
Wednesday – 9am-2pm & 3pm-6:30pm
Thursday – 9am-2pm
Friday – 9am-2pm
Monday-Friday – 9am-12pm
Monday-Friday – Walk-in hours 10am-3pm
Tuesday-Thursday – 9am-2:30pm
The Cultural Arts & Jewish Heritage Programs Department presents thought-provoking virtual classes on art, film, and religion; engaging virtual speaker events on cultural, Jewish, and other contemporary topics; and a devoted book discussion group. All programs are currently being offered virtually.
CAPE is an article 31 Outpatient Mental Health Clinic offering individual, group and family therapy as well as psychiatric evaluation and treatment. CAPE treats all adults over 21 but specializes in services for those over 50 years of age. During COVID-19 restrictions all services are through telehealth although we look forward to again providing treatment at our main clinic in Little Neck as well as our satellite clinics throughout Queens.
59-28 Little Neck Parkway, Little Neck, NY 11362
718 224-0566 or 718 225-6750 ext. 250