Welcome to Episode 4 of the CommonPod Queens podcast! On this episode, we discuss everything you need to know about voting in New York ahead of Election Day with Andy Gavora, Program Coordinator, High School & College Success.
Her tips on voting include:
– If you’re voting absentee, mail it back ASAP (with 2 stamps) or drop it off at any early voting site or the Board of Elections. You can track your absentee ballot at nycabsentee.com/tracking.
– You can still vote in person if you’ve requested an absentee ballot.
– Early voting has begun and runs through November 1! You early voting site may not be the same as your Election Day site. Find your polling site at findmypollsite.vote.nyc. Hours vary each day.
– If you’re voting in person and have received an Election Day FastPass in the mail, bring it with you to speed up the voting process. If you have not received it, make sure you know what your Election District is. You do not need to bring an ID unless you did not include the last 4 digits of your Social Security number on your voter registration form or a first time voter. Social distancing will be enforced and voters will receive their own wipes and pens.
– Make sure to research every race on your ballot and make a plan to vote! If you have questions, call 1-866-VOTE-NYC.
CommonPod Queens is a podcast featuring the many voices of Commonpoint Queens and its stakeholders. Throughout the episodes, we will provide and discuss agency and community updates.