DATE AND TIME
Dec 15, 2020 | 6:00 pm -
Dec 15, 2020 | 7:00 pm
718-225-6750 ext. 263
Please note that while registration for the 8 Nights of Chanukah events is now closed, you can still make your own kits and join us on Facebook live at facebook.com/centralqueensfh or facebook.com/samfieldcenter! Supplies for kits can be found here.
Celebrate the 8 nights of Chanukah virtually with Commonpoint Queens! Join us each evening for a virtual candle lighting ceremony followed by an activity that is fun for the whole family. On Tuesday, December 15, join us for a Virtual Candle Lighting and bake your own jelly doughnuts with Bakers & Shakers!
We have some amazing interactive festivities, and we will have a different Commonpoint Queens family kick off each festivity with a candle lighting! Activities include:
- Thursday, December 10 – 6:00 PM – Virtual Candle Lighting and Mainstages Game Show.
- Friday, December 11 – 4:00 PM – Virtual Candle Lighting and Make Your Own Beeswax Candles. Make your candles and tag us on social media (#commonpointchanukah) and enter to win cool prizes! This event is not live.
- Saturday, December 12 – 6:00 PM – Virtual Candle Lighting and our live Dreidel Tournament. Pick up your kit with the materials to spin your way to a WIN!
- Sunday, December 13 – 6:45 PM – Virtual Candle Lighting and join us on zoom for LED Menorah Making with Island Quest Day Camp. Pick up your kit and let us take care of the rest! Parent participation required for children under 8.
- Monday, December 14 – 6:00 PM – Virtual Candle Lighting and Make your own Latkes on our live cooking class. Ingredients provided.
- Tuesday, December 15 – 6:00 PM – Virtual Candle Lighting and Make your own Jelly Donuts on our live cooking class. Ingredients provided.
- Wednesday, December 16 – 6:00 PM – Virtual Candle Lighting and an interactive Chanukah Sing-a-long! No kit required!
- Thursday, December 17 – 6:00 PM – Virtual Candle Lighting and Edible Chanukah Crafts! Materials and kit provided!
If you have pre-registered for this event, kits for each activity will be available for pickup at our Bay Terrace, Central Queens, and Sam Field Centers on Thursday, December 10. If not, you can make your own kit at home – supplies for kits can be found here!
Participate in all events and tag us on social media for the chance to be entered to win a Nintendo Switch Lite and other cool prizes!
If you have any questions, please email [email protected] or call 718-225-6750 ext. 263.
We hope you will also consider making a donation or bringing a new, unopened toy to our Bay Terrace, Central Queens, The Hub, or Sam Field locations to distribute out to families in need.