DATE AND TIME
Aug 7, 2020 | 5:00 pm -
Aug 7, 2020 | 6:30 pm
Join the CUNY Census Corps, Census Cooks, and Commonpoint Queens for Culture, Cuisine, and the Census, a virtual event celebrating the 2020 Census and food – two things that unite us all. The event will feature organizations like Commonpoint Queens and the Queens Public Library, bakeries like Jesseca’s Sweet Treats and chefs, Census 2020 NYC staff, CUNY Students and International Students performing music, poetry, and more!
In this event, you’ll learn:
- delicious recipes from Bolivian, Chinese, and other cuisines
- myths and truths about the census from chefs and neighbors
- why the census is especially important during COVID-19 and BLM movements
- how to participate in Census 2020 efforts from your home
- information about the Commonpoint Queens food pantry and census outreach efforts
This event will broadcast on Facebook live at facebook.com/centralqueensfh. To register, click here. For more information, please contact [email protected] or [email protected].