DATE AND TIME
Jan 17, 2022 | 10:00 am -
Jan 17, 2022 | 4:00 pm
Commonpoint Queens Sam Field Center
58-20 Little Neck Parkway
Little Neck, NY 11362
Commonpoint Queens Central Queens
67-09 108th Street
Forest Hills, NY 11375
Join us as we honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr with a day of service in partnership with UJA! Projects will be held at our Commonpoint Queens Sam Field Center in Little Neck (58-20 Little Neck Parkway) and Central Queens site in Forest Hills (67-09 108th Street), with the option to participate in some projects from home. Choose one or more sessions from 10-10:45am, 11-11:45am, or 12-12:45pm. Projects include:
- Decorate tea towels and pack hygiene or self-care kits in them to distribute community members in need (Sam Field and Central Queens)
- Make homemade paper embedded with seeds to plant in the spring (Sam Field)
- Donate blood at our Blood Drive (Central Queens, 10am-4pm). Please register to give blood here.
- Join us for a virtual storytime with Barbara Kossove (virtual, 10-10:30 am)
- Make an upcycled tree out of old magazines at home (virtual, 11-11:45 am)
- Participate in a virtual dance party with Brooklyn Nets Kid Resident DJ Annie Red (virtual, 3-3:45pm)
- Make origami doves, hearts, and cranes to decorate our facility and give to a local firehouse and hospital (Make at home and drop off at Central Queens or Sam Field on January 17)
Please note that activities may be modified as we monitor the changing circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic.
You must register by completing the form online – please specify the activity(ies) and location you would like to participate in. You must register each member of your family or group individually. You are welcome to sign up for multiple projects and times.
Due to the COVID-19 surge, we require that participants age 12 and over are fully vaccinated. This means at least 2 doses of the COVID vaccine. Please be prepared to provide proof of vaccine. Masks will be required for ALL participants at ALL in-person events.
For more information, please contact Judy at [email protected].
If you are registering on your phone, please click here.