DATE AND TIME
Oct 4, 2023 | 10:00 am -
Oct 4, 2023 | 1:00 pm
Commonpoint Queens Jack and Shirley Silver Hub
77-17 Queens Boulevard
Elmhurst, NY 11373
Want to return to the workforce? The NYC Older Adult Employment Program assists unemployed, low-income NYC residents over 55 in finding work.
Join Commonpoint Queens as we host an information session with the NYC Department for the Aging.- Older Adult Employment Services Unit. Learn how the Older Adult Employment Program can prepare you for your return to the workforce by providing computer and customer service classes, interview workshops and introducing you to employers. Program Participants earn a stipend of $15 per hour for 15-20 hours a week while they train!
You will be able to apply that same day. To expedite the process, bring with you the following Documents to apply on the spot:
- Photo ID: Driver’s license, official photo I.D. or passport
- Proof of age: Driver’s license, official photo I.D. or passport
- Income: Pay stubs for the last six months, Social Security, cash assistance
- Employment eligibility: U.S. birth certificate, passport or social security card
- Residency: Driver’s license, official photo I.D.
To RSVP, send an email to [email protected] or call 718-268-5057.