Community Advisory Program for the Elderly (CAPE)
59-28 Little Neck Parkway, Little Neck, NY 11362
718 224-0566 or 718 225-6750 ext. 250
Fax 718 224-7544
EMail: [email protected]
Debra Ilberman, LCSW, DirectorTarak Patel, MD, Medical Director
Janet Mann, LCSW, Administrative Supervisor
Jordana Davidson, LCSW, Clinical Outreach Coordinator
Christine Ganzer, PhD, APRN, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Vincent Bavaro, RN, Registered Nurse
Rosemary Cabanillas, LCSW, Clinical Social Worker
Colleen Dillon, LCSW, Clinical Social Worker
Leora Ellison, LMSW, Clinical Social Worker
Ruth Finkelstein, LMSW, Clinical Social Worker
Florence Gross, LCSW, Clinical Social Worker
Shelley Hoffman, LCSW, Clinical Social Worker
Yuanyuan Hu, LCSW, Clinical Social Worker
Terri Lowenstein, LCSW, Clinical Social Worker
Enid Miller, LCSW, Clinical Social Worker
Sybil Nurse-Reeves, LCSW, Clinical Social Worker
Isabella Rossi, LCSW, Clinical Social Worker
Allison Thomas, LCSW, Clinical Social Worker
Beth Tipperman, LCSW, Clinical Social Worker
Ben Weinstock, LCSW, Clinical Social Worker
Guowei Yan, LMSW, Clinical Social Worker
CAPE is an Article 31, New York State Certified outpatient mental health clinic, providing high quality mental health services since 1978.
CAPE’s services include individual, marital and family therapy at the clinic at Commonpoint Queens Sam Field Center as well as at Central Queens. In addition, through DFTA, we recently opened satellite clinics within senior centers providing services on site. Our team includes experienced LCSWs, a Psychiatrist, a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner and an RN. CAPE’s Peer Advocates offers telephone reassurance, information and referral, and assistance to CAPE consumers and community residents.
We provide all of our services to people who are homebound due to physical or psychiatric illnesses which impacts their mobility. During the COVID-19 crisis, we have been able to provide teletherapy services via various platforms, using secure video connections. We hope, as the pandemic situation improves, to be able to return to in-person therapy, while still providing teletherapy to those in need.
CAPE accepts most insurances including Medicare and Medicaid. There is a sliding scale for those who are unable to afford their co-pay or do not have insurance. We are unique in the services we provide, the quality of those services and the access to care for our constituents. Services are currently provided in English, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, German and Hebrew.
CAPE services are offered at:
- CAPE Mental Health Center (Little Neck – English/ Hebrew/ Spanish)
- HANAC Harmony ISC (Astoria – Spanish/English/Italian)
- Peter Cardella Senior Citizens Center (Ridgewood – English/Italian)
- Queens Community House: Rego Park Senior Center (Rego Park – Mandarin/English)
- Selfhelp Clearview Senior Center (Bayside – English/Spanish)
- Selfhelp Innovative Senior Center (Flushing – Mandarin/English)
- Sunnyside Community Services (Sunnyside – Spanish/English)
- Theodora G. Jackson Adult Center (Jamaica – Spanish/Mandarin/English)
- Pomonok Senior Center (Flushing – Mandarin/Cantonese/English)
- Rochdale Village Senior Center (Rochdale- English)
- SNAP of Eastern Queens Innovative Senior Center (Queens Village- English)
- Elmhurst Jackson Heights Senior Center (Elmhurst- Spanish/Mandarian/Cantonese/ English)
- Selfhelp Maspeth Senior Center (Maspeth-English)
Transportation (daytime only), including a wheelchair accessible van is available for a small fee, for those unable to use public transportation.
Medicaid, Medicare and most other insurances are accepted. To schedule an intake or obtain further information please call 718-224-0566.