*Schedule Update – Sunday, March 15th, 2020*
Dear Commonpoint Queens Community Member,
Like the rest of our city, we have been working around the clock for the last several days thinking about the best ways to service our community.
With today’s announcement that all New York City schools will be closed, effective immediately, we want to inform you that we will also be suspending our in-person programs and services – and closing our buildings – for the immediate future, effective Monday, March 16th.
To elaborate, this includes all infant and toddler, early childhood, after school, youth sports, health and wellness (including our indoor pool and fitness center), and older adult programs. As this message is being sent we are working on the logistics to ensure that our seniors will still have access to meals, our food pantry will be able to provide groceries, and that mental health services are still available through our CAPE programs.
Our staff will continue to work diligently and thoughtfully to plan programming and services to offer to our community, and we will provide updates for virtual learning and engagement opportunities ASAP.
Your well-being is of the utmost importance to us, and we will be doing everything in our power to continue to be a resource for you all, in many new and different ways. In the meantime, we are here for you, if you need our assistance/services please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] and we will do our best to connect you with the services you need.
Encouraging everyone to stay safe and remain in good health,
67-09 108th Street
Forest Hills, New York 11375
Sunday: 8:00 AM – 6:45 PM
Monday – Thursday: 6:15 AM – 10:00 PM
Friday: 6:15 AM – 6:00 PM
- Indoor swimming pool perfect for laps, lessons (both private and group) for all ages, lifeguard and water safety instructor training, as well as youth swim teams.
- Infant and Toddler programs including nursery school separation, mommy and me, dance, art and music classes, as well as gymnastics classes.
- Health and Wellness classes for children including gymnastics, sports classes, dance school, and sports leagues. We also host 9 FUN birthday party options!
- Early Childhood program, including free Universal Pre-K. After school program with pick-up options as late as 6:30 PM.
- Summer Day Camp that goes out to the Henry Kaufmann Campgrounds in Huntington, as well as a Summer of Arts and Sports Day Camp that stays in Forest Hills.
- State of the Art Fitness Center with free weights, strength training machines, and cardiovascular machines. Workout at your own pace or get in great shape with our personal trainers.
- Engaging activities for adults, including Cultural Arts & Jewish Heritage classes and events (including Authors’ Series), exercise classes as well as 65+ exercise classes, Senior Center with older adult social groups/classes, card games and more.
- Emergency Food Pantry (which has gone digital so you can order from home!), Career help and job training for adults, and workforce programs for teenagers and young adults.
- Socialization programs for children ages 5-21 with developmental disabilities.
- Access to Tanenbaum Family Pool Club in Little Neck and Bay Terrace Pool and Athletic Center in Bayside.
Commonpoint Queens has launched a Green Committee in an effort to make our agency more sustainable. Click here to learn more about our recycling initiatives at Central Queens.