Sam Field Center
*Update – Sunday, March 15th, 2020*
Dear Commonpoint Queens Community Member,
Like the rest of our city, we have been working around the clock for the last several days thinking about the best ways to service our community.
With today’s announcement that all New York City schools will be closed, effective immediately, we want to inform you that we will also be suspending our in-person programs and services – and closing our buildings – for the immediate future, effective Monday, March 16th.
To elaborate, this includes all infant and toddler, early childhood, after school, youth sports, health and wellness (including our indoor pool and fitness center) and older adult programs. As this message is being sent we are working on the logistics to ensure that our seniors will still have access to meals, our food pantry will be able to provide groceries, and that mental health services are still available through our CAPE programs.
Our staff will continue to work diligently and thoughtfully to plan programming and services to offer to our community, and we will provide updates for virtual learning and engagement opportunities ASAP.
Your well-being is of the utmost importance to us, and we will be doing everything in our power to continue to be a resource for you all, in many new and different ways. In the meantime, we are here for you, if you need our assistance/services please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] and we will do our best to connect you with the services you need.
Encouraging everyone to stay safe and remain in good health,
58-20 Little Neck Parkway
Little Neck, NY 11362
Sunday: 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Monday – Thursday: 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Early Childhood Center with day care for children ages 2-4 as well as (free) Pre-K For All.
- After school program that picks up from schools in District 26 and offers pick-up until 6:30 PM.
- Youth sports classes and clinics as well as 9 FUN birthday party options!
- Kidz Fit Gym with equipment, classes and trainers specific for children ages 6 to 14.
- Summer Day Camp that goes out to the Henry Kaufmann Campgrounds in Huntington, as well as a Summer Day Camp that stays in Little Neck and focuses more on academics.
- After school program and summer camp for children with developmental disabilities.
- Volleyball, Pickleball, Open Gym Basketball (gym rentals) and so much more in our huge – air conditioned – gymnasium.
- Neighborhood Senior Center with socialization groups, card games, daily lunch, exercise classes and so much more!
- Outpatient Mental Health Clinic (CAPE) that offers individual, group and family therapy, psychiatric evaluations and medication monitoring for both clinic and homebound older adults.
- Dementia Care programs including social adult day care family respite and early stage memory care.
- Access to Naturally Occurring Retirement Communities in Deepdale, Whitestone and the Floral Park/Glen Oaks/Bellerose/New Hyde Park area.
- Access to Tanenbaum Family Pool Club in Little Neck and Bay Terrace Pool and Athletic Center in Bayside.