The Allied Health Training and Job Placement program through the Commonpoint Queens Employment Hub offers FREE programs that prepares adults facing barriers to employment for secure and stable careers. Programs are currently held at the Access Institute in Kew Gardens or virtually.
Our programs provide critical healthcare and professional skills students need to thrive in the allied health industry.
Program offerings include:
- Patient Care Technician: Patient Care Technicians (PCT) combine the role of a Certified Nurses’ Aides (CNA) and that of an echocardiogram and phlebotomy technician. PCTs work alongside patients to take care of and assist in basic needs that include feeding and meals, hygiene, and other daily functions. Click here to join an information session – next cohort begins September 2023
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA): A Certified Nursing Assistant provides assistance to patients with daily living tasks and is responsible for basic care services. Click here to join an information session – next cohort begins September 2023
- Pharmacy Technician: The Pharmacy Technician, also called a Pharmacy Tech or Pharmacy Assistant, usually performs routine tasks to help prepare prescribed medication for patients, such as counting tablets and labeling bottles. Click here to join an information session – next cohort begins August 2023
- Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA): Offered in partnership with LaGuardia Community College. Administrative medical assistants perform clerical work in doctors’ and hospital offices. It is their responsibility to keep all patient files organized and to maintain the front office
- Bilingual Community Health Worker: Offered in partnership with LaGuardia Community College. Anyone wishing to work with the community, connect citizens with pertinent health information, and provide resources to families and individuals should consider getting certified as a Community Health Worker. This program is offered for those whose native language is one other than English. Click here to learn more – next cohort begins Spring 2024
- Home Health Aide: Offered in partnership with Access Institute. Home Health Aides are placed directly into peoples’ homes and assist with personal care. Click here to learn more – next cohort begins September 2023
For more information, please email [email protected] or call 718-268-5057