Henry Kaufmann Campgrounds
75 Colonial Spring Road
Wheatley Heights, NY 11798
Please call for schedule.
Summer is a time to be outdoors, experiencing new adventures and creating lifetime memories! What makes our day camp at the Henry Kaufmann Campgrounds so special that the same campers return to us year after year, and then again as counselors! We’re proud to say it’s our reputation for the exceptional personal involvement of every staff member with each camper and our strong commitment to Jewish values that makes a summer at HKC a truly unforgettable summer camp experience.
- Travel on air-conditioned school bus transportation for many areas throughout central Queens.
- Visit the Henry Kaufmann Campgrounds, which encompasses 375 acres of wooded land, open meadows, ball fields, nature trails, and swimming pools in Huntington, Long Island.
- Glatt Kosher lunch program for all campers included.
- Daily snack provided.
- Registered nurse on staff at the campgrounds and many of our staff and administrators are CPR and First Aid certified.
- Shaded campsite areas and comfortable shelters.
- Mature, experienced, and skilled counselors and unit heads.
- Camp led by New York State certified teachers.
- Daily Red Cross swim instruction in our expansive pool complex.
- Sports on our spacious and terrific grass athletic fields, including soccer, basketball, tetherball, wiffleball, and more.
- Inspire your camper’s sense of wonder with the environmental programs, Nature Center and hiking trails.
- Creative music, arts & crafts, cooking, dance, and more.
- Multiple playground areas.
- Jewish Culture and Oneg Shabbat – Specialty programming provides a great opportunity for campers to participate in a variety of summer camp activities, while learning more about Jewish values and traditions in a fun, informal setting.
- Exciting weekly trips to such places as Adventureland, Sportime USA, Cold Spring Harbor, and more, age appropriate trips. (Check for our calendar for details.)
- Rainy day summer camp activities offer alternate programming including movies, bowling, gym facilities, indoor amusement centers, and the list goes on…
- Special theme days include a camp-wide carnival, Olympic style games, etc.
- Special entertainments such as a magician, DJ, Game Truck to name a few!
Would you like to take a Virtual Tour of our Day Camp at Henry Kaufmann Campgrounds?