If you have not already done so, please create an account with our new online community platform here. If you have not used our new system yet, please watch this short tutorial video to learn how to make an account using your computer, or this video using your mobile phone or iPad.
Cultural Arts Classes and Speakers
- Log into your community account at: https://community.commonpointqueens.org/s/login (if you have not yet created an account, you must do so here. If you have already created an account for fitness classes or other programs, please log in using that account)
- Click on the registration tab on the top
- Click on Cultural Arts & Jewish Heritage Courses from the categories menu on the left side
- Click on the green box labeled options
- Click on the day(s) of the program(s) you would like to register for
- Click enroll on the program(s) you would like to register for
- Check off the contact(s) in your household that you would like to register and click save
- Click on the green next button highlighted on the top of your screen
- Click on the green pay button on the top of your screen (if you are registering for free programs, you must still click pay to complete your transaction but you will not be charged)
- If you are registering for a paid program, you will be directed to make a payment by clicking on the blue make payment button and putting in your credit card information. You can save your card on file so you will not need to enter this information each time. Hit next to complete your payment.
- Send a receipt to your email address and click return to my account to register for another program
For assistance, please email [email protected].
Health and Wellness - Virtual Fitness Classes
For those who have purchased the paid virtual fitness package, you will continue to use our new system and log in to your community account to access these classes only (Zumba, Kickboxing, Body Sculpt, Vinyasa Yoga, Chair Yoga, Exercise for Daily Living, Morning Workouts).
Paid classes will run for 13 weeks and the package will cost $130. To purchase the package, you must first create an account here.
**NOTE: Once you start the enrollment, you have ten minutes to complete it before the system times out.
- Click on BROWSE REGISTRATIONS
- Click on HEALTH & WELLNESS DEPARTMENT – ADULT ACTIVITIES (left hand side)
- Click on ADULT FITNESS – VIRTUAL (last row, green button with down arrow)
- Scroll down the screen
- Click “ENROLL” on VIRTUAL FITNESS PACKAGE – SPRING 2021 (right hand side)
- Click “NEXT”
- Click on your name and then click “NEXT”
- There should now be a registration in the shopping cart at the top right hand corner of the screen.
- Then you will be at an “add on” page where you can choose to add on a Virtual Fitness T-shirt ($20), click the “ADD” button to add the t-shirt to your shopping cart.
- Click “NEXT” again
- If you are purchasing a t-shirt, click the “v” to scroll for your t-shirt size. IF YOU ARE NOT interested in a T-Shirt, click “N/A” in order to proceed.
- Click on “NEXT” again
- Click through the three “SIGN” buttons to sign and complete the waivers (required).
- Click on the green “NEXT” button at the top of the screen next to
- Scroll to the button of the screen and click “PAY”
- Click on “MAKE A PAYMENT”
- Choose which payment method you would like to use and follow the steps.
- Click the “DONE” when finished with the payment.
- You then have the option to have a “receipt” emailed to you or to return to your home account.
Once you are registered in the new system, follow these steps to access your virtual fitness classes:
(*Please note, you will no longer need to access the class through your personal Zoom account. You will be entering through your community account from now on.)
- Log into your community account at: https://community.commonpointqueens.org/s/login
- Enter your username (email address) and password
- Using a desktop or laptop computer, click the “Virtual Live Classes” link at the top of the page. Using a cell phone or other mobile device (iPad, etc.), click the hamburger icon (=) and then click the link that reads “Virtual Live Classes”
- View the class options and times
- Choose your class and click to join
- Follow prompt and click to begin class
Members (all memberships except Community Senior Adult and Community Senior Couples) should register and receive a Free enrollment for any virtual classes that they are interested in as long as your annual membership is active.
If you would like to add the class to your Google, Apple, or Outlook calendar so you will get a reminder before it starts, you can now do so by clicking on the calendar icon as shown in the screenshots below.
This will take you to a link to add to your calendar.
For assistance, please email [email protected].
*Starting Monday, May 10, we will return to the system of registering for free classes each week using the Zoom links in the email sent out each Sunday. You must register for each class and indicate the program you participate in. You will no longer be able to access any SilverSneakers and free classes through your community account.
We will send out the email with the Zoom links to our free classes for the week on Sunday. If you have any questions or concerns regarding senior fitness classes, please contact:
Fern and Max, 718-225-6750 x. 233, [email protected], [email protected]
Shelly and Ellen 718-268-5011 x. 421 or 160, [email protected], [email protected]