The JFEW Scholarship program provides 3-year scholarships to young women who are members of CUNY Hillels. The JFEW program for CUNY Career Connect aims to support young women from the CUNY Hillel community to advance toward fulfilling, self-sufficient futures, and to graduate on-time with a minimum of debt.
- Scholarship of up to $3500 per year for sophomore, junior and senior year, to cover tuition and cost of living expenses, including fees, books and supplies, and room and board
- Paid, full-time summer internship between sophomore and junior year
- Professional development opportunities and events throughout the program
- Current freshman with demonstrated financial need. Sophomores in 5-year programs will be considered.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Full-time enrollment at a 4-year CUNY College
Internship opportunities reflect student interests and range from placements in law offices, to art centers, businesses, medical offices, and many more. Internships help students both earn a wage and develop skills and professional relationships to prepare for a job search after college. Check out photos of our JFEW Scholars at work!
JFEW is funded by Jewish Foundation for Education of Women with support from UJA-Federation of New York. Jewish Foundation for Education of Women helps women with financial need to meet their education and career goals through scholarships and professional development.