Call Melissa Chertok 718-268-5011 ext. 202 or email at [email protected]
Returning families: Click Here to Register for Summer 2019
New families: Click Here to Register for Summer 2019
Great things can be achieved when you combine resources and create an outstanding team. The merging of the Samuel Field Y and Central Queens Y can only translate into a bigger and better summer camp program.
Summer is a time to be outdoors, experiencing new adventures and creating lifetime memories! What makes our day camp so special that the same campers return to us year after year, and then again as counselors! We’re proud to say it’s our reputation for the exceptional personal involvement of every staff member with each camper and our strong commitment to Jewish values that makes a summer at Commonpoint Queens Day Camp a truly unforgettable summer camp experience.
- Travel on air conditioned school bus transportation for many areas throughout Queens.
- Visit the Henry Kaufmann Campgrounds, which encompasses 375 acres of wooded land, open meadows, ball fields, nature trails, and swimming pools in Huntington, Long Island.
- Glatt Kosher lunch program for all campers included.
- Daily snack provided.
- Registered nurse on staff at the campgrounds and many of our staff and administrators are CPR and First Aid certified.
- Shaded campsite areas and comfortable shelters.
- Mature, experienced and skilled counselors and unit heads.
- Camp led by New York State certified teachers.
- Daily Red Cross swim instruction in our expansive pool complex
- Sports on our spacious and terrific grass athletic fields, including soccer, basketball, volleyball, wiffleball, Gaga and more!
- Inspire your campers sense of wonder with the environmental programs, Nature Center and hiking trails.
- Motivate your creativity with music, arts & crafts, dance and more.
- Playground areas
- Jewish Culture and Oneg Shabbat – Specialty programming provides a great opportunity for campers to participate in a variety of summer camp activities, while learning more about Jewish values and traditions in a fun, informal setting.
- Exciting weekly trips to such places as Adventureland, @Play amusements, Cold Spring Harbor, and more, age appropriate trips. (Check for our calendar for details)
- Rainy day summer camp activities offer alternate programming including movies, bowling, gym facilities, indoor amusement centers, and the list goes on…
- Special theme days include a camp-wide carnival, Olympic style games, etc.
- Special entertainments such as a magician, DJ, Harlem Magic to name a few!
SCOUTS (Entering K & 1 grades)
Includes all of the above summer camp activities and highlights include a late stay each session.
PIONEERS (Entering 2 & 3 grades)
Includes all of the above summer camp activities and highlights include late stays and overnights each session, and a special trip and overnight in August!
ADVENTURERS (Entering 4 & 5 grades)
Includes all of the above summer camp activities and highlights include late stays and overnights each session, and a special extended trip to places such as Club Getaway.
Tween and Teen Camp (Entering 6 – 9 grades)
Tweens travel along the East Coast and experience the best combination of days at camp (including swim, color war, carnival, and sports on our beautiful fields), daily trips, overnights, late stays and extended 3 or 4 day trips! We understand the varying interests of our Teens and we build our program especially for them. Campers go on trips five days a week.
For more information, please contact the camp office at 718.268.5011 ext 202.