The Sam Field Neighborhood Senior Center for people over the age of 60 is a warm and inclusive senior center offering a variety of social, recreational, educational programs, for all older members of our community. While focusing on continuing growth and enrichment, we also provide an opportunity for older adults to enjoy the company of their peers. This program is funded by the New York City Department for the Aging.
- A variety of stimulating classes and courses
- Case assistance, telephone reassurance, and information and referrals
- Small discussion groups led by qualified leaders
- Special interest groups
- Once a month LGBTQ social group
- Occasional evening events and workshops
- Bereavement groups
- Various special events and performances throughout the year
- Explore your inner artist in professionally facilitated classes such as drawing & sketching, and oil painting.
Sam’s Senior Cafe, our individually-plated lunch program, serves Kosher meals to people over 60 years old, and operates from 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM on weekdays. There is a suggested contribution of $2.50. *At this time we are not offering an in-person lunch program, instead, on Mondays and Wednesdays we have grab and go meals.*
For more information about Sam’s Senior Cafe, including volunteer opportunities, please email Fern Prusak at [email protected] or call (718) 225-6750 ext. 233.
Health and Wellness Department Our health, wellness and recreation staff is dedicated to developing individualized plans of health maintenance and wellness activities for our older adults. Classes offered include Stretching, Balance, Tai Chi, Classic Aerobics, Zumba, and Chair Exercise among others. Click here for our schedule.
For more information about the Sam Field Neighborhood Senior Center, please email Fern Prusak at [email protected] or call (718) 225-6750 ext. 233, or Roberta Landau at [email protected] or by calling (718) 225-6750 ext. 222.
We also have the following programs for older adults:
- Dementia Care Programs + Support Groups
- Naturally Occurring Retirement Centers in the following communities: Deepdale (Deepdale CARES), Whitestone (Clearview Assistance Program) and Floral Park/New Hyde Park/Glen Oaks/Bellerose (NORC WOW).
- A Geriatric Mental Health Clinic
You can also get more information about our Senior Center programs in Forest Hills!