The Sam Field Neighborhood Senior Center for people over the age of 65 is a warm and inclusive senior center offering a variety of social, recreational, educational programs, for all older members of our community. While focusing on continuing growth and enrichment, we also provide an opportunity for older adults to enjoy the company of their peers. This program is funded by the New York City Department for the Aging.
- A variety of stimulating classes and courses
- Small discussion groups led by qualified leaders
- A scholar series to share continued education in a wide variety of subjects
- Special interest groups
- Frequent coach bus trips to various entertainment and cultural venues throughout the Metropolitan area
- Various special events and performances throughout the year
- Ongoing resource and information assistance
- Explore your inner artist in professionally facilitated workshops such as ceramics, drawing & sketching, and jewelry making.
Sam’s Senior Cafe, our individually-plated lunch program, serves Kosher meals to people over 60 years old, and operates from 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM on weekdays. There is a suggested contribution of $2.50.
For more information about Sam’s Senior Cafe, including volunteer opportunities, please email Fern Prusak at [email protected] or call (718) 225-6750 ext. 233.
Caregiver Support Groups Available for those who are providing care to individuals with Alzheimer’s Disease, dementia, and other related memory disorders. For more information, please call Alissa Pizzutiello at (718) 225-6750 ext. 331.
GALA Group Monthly evening meetings for older gay and lesbian adults.
Physical Education and Recreation Department Our health, wellness and recreation staff is dedicated to developing individualized plans of health maintenance and wellness activities for our older adults. Classes offered include Strength Training for Better Balance, Tai Chi for Arthritis, Classic Aerobics and Chair Exercise among others. Click here for our schedule.
Transportation Services are available for medical appointments, food shopping and rides to and from the Sam Field Neighborhood Senior Center.
We also have the following programs for older adults:
- Dementia Care Programs
- Naturally Occurring Retirement Centers in the following communities: Deepdale (Deepdale CARES), Whitestone (Clearview Assistance Program) and Floral Park/New Hyde Park/Glen Oaks/Bellerose (NORC WOW).
- A Geriatric Mental Health Center
For more information on the Sam Field Neighborhood Senior Center, please contact Fern Prusak, Director, at [email protected] or at (718) 225-6750 ext. 233