Update: we have sold out of kits for this event! If you are still interested in joining us, please email [email protected]
Purim is almost here which means – among other things – it’s time to eat yummy Hamantaschen!
We’re thrilled to share that in conjunction with Island Quest Day Camp and Bakers & Shakers – we’ll be hosting a Virtual Purim Hamentaschen Baking Event, on Tuesday, February 23rd at 6:30pm. This event is FREE for Commonpoint Queens staff.
Each staff member who registers can pick up a care package with ingredients to make your own Hamentaschen at our Central Queens or Sam Field Centers. You can also forego the ingredients and pick up your own (listed below):
- 1 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Egg
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Sugar
- 1 Tsp Orange Juice
- 1 Stick Margarine (Room Temperature)
- Mix by hand margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and orange juice.
- Mix well.
- Add flour and vanilla sugar in three stages, mixing until just combined.
- roll out on floured surface 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake at 350 degrees 15-20 minutes.