Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
COVID-19 Safety Precautions
A note from Commonpoint Queens to Volunteers:
We are aware that the spread of coronavirus is causing concern. Our priority, as always, is to ensure that everyone has the most up to date advice and the support they need and that their health is not put at risk. With that in mind, please discuss any specific health concerns you have with your healthcare provider. They will be able to give you advice and information which takes into account your specific circumstances.
Commonpoint Queens is following the CDC’s guidelines for hygiene and disease prevention.
We ask volunteers, participants, and staff to take the following precautions to keep everyone healthy and protected:
Clean your hands often
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Avoid close contact
- We ask anyone over the age of 65 to remain home and continue with volunteer opportunities once health conditions allow.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Put at least 6 feet of distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community. This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
Cover coughs and sneezes
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, clean your hands with a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
Thank you- Your Commonpoint Queens Family
You can also support all of our programs by making a donation to Commonpoint Queens. Thank you for all of your support!
Are you from a company or large group interested in bringing your employees to Commonpoint Queens for a meaningful volunteer experience? Contact Isaac Adlerstein at 718-225-6750 ext. 238 or email [email protected].