Join our Camp Team
Commonpoint Queens has been providing a memorable summer camp experience to thousands of children and young adults in Queens and Western Nassau counties since 1954. Since its inception, we have been dedicated to giving all campers the opportunity to establish life long friends, learn new skills, gain independence and achieve self-confidence.
We offer day camp and sleep away programs for children ages 2 through 16, with specialty camp options for sports, academics, and children with developmental disabilities. We are also the home to passionate, dedicated and inspiring camp professionals! From our Counselors in Training to our Division Heads, Administrators to Specialists – all of our team members receive extensive training and participate in orientations where they learn to collaborate with supportive, like-minded professionals to give every child a rich summer experience and a lifetime of memories.
Day Camp positions that we offer include:
- Division Head (Explorer Day Camp, Bayside)
The Division Head is the liaison between the Camp Director and Unit Heads for which they are responsible. Division Heads are direct supervisors of the campers, counselors and unit heads in their groups and assist the Directors with all activities, group issues and staff performance.
- Unit Head (Explorer Day Camp, Bayside)
Unit Heads are the primary caregivers for each camper. The unit head handles a unit, which is a group of campers in the same grade level and the senior and junior counselors in that unit. The Unit Heads is responsible for planning, teaching, coordinating, and carrying out activities, guiding campers, and staff in their personal growth and daily living skills in a camp day.
- Group Leader (Special Services Day Camp, Long Island)
The Group Leader is responsible for engaging, leading and carrying out activities and guiding campers (ages 5-21) and staff in their personal growth, daily living skills and recreation activities. This position is in our camp program for individuals with developmental disabilities (3:1 child to staff ratio). Associates Degree required, Bachelors preferred. Must be over 18 years old, Special Needs experience required.
- Adventure Challenge Specialist (Island Quest Day Camp, Long Island)
Deliver adventure challenge activities that are safe, fun, and appropriate to the campers’ age and abilities. Assist in the management to the physical operation of the adventure challenge facilities and equipment. Includes Low Ropes and Ninja Warrior Course. Applicants must have current certification in challenge course operation or documented experience and training, as well as certification in First-Aid and CPR.
- Lifeguard (ARC certified)/Swim Instructor (WSI) (Summer of Arts and Sports, Forest Hills)
Summer of Arts and Sports Day Camp, our in-house summer program at our Central Queens location in Forest Hills, is seeking ARC-certified Lifeguards and Swim Instructors to teach instructional swim and supervise swim time for for campers ages 6-11. Swim programs will take place in our indoor pool.
- Yoga Specialist (Summer of Arts and Sports, Forest Hills)
Summer of Arts and Sports Day Camp, our in-house summer program at our Central Queens location in Forest Hills, is hiring a Yoga Specialist who can lead multiple courses a day that engage campers ages 6-11. Schedule can be flexible but must be available several days of the week during camp hours.
Camp Poyntelle Sleepaway Camp in Poyntelle, Pennsylvania
*Required dates to live at camp are June 12th – August 15th*
For more information email Adam at [email protected]
- General Counselor: Join the Camp Poyntelle team to work with our campers age 7-16, live in a bunk, and get paid to have fun in the beautiful Pocono Mountains! We have competitive pay, a travel stipend, and a covid-safe community where you can work with and meet staff from all around the country and world! You must be a High School Senior or older for this position.
- Activity Specialist: Join our Camp Poyntelle team to help run activities that include everything from the arts and sports, to our full high-ropes course, and huge inflatable waterpark on a private 70-acre lake! Work with our campers aged 7-16, and get paid to have fun in the sun in the Pocono Mountains! We have competitive pay, a travel stipend, and a covid-safe community! Activity instructors sought include Archery, Boat Driver, Ropes instructor, Media specialist, and Athletics. You must be a High School Senior or older to apply for this position.
- Division Head: Come be a part of the leadership team at Camp Poyntelle! We are looking for 21+ individuals looking to lead our counseling staff, work with kids age 7-16, and develop their leadership skills over the course of an exciting summer! We have competitive pay, a travel stipend, and a covid-safe community where we welcome graduate students, teachers, coaches, and folks from all over the world to put together an amazing camp program!