Membership at Central Queens
Location: 67-09 108th Street, Forest Hills, NY 11375
Contact: Rory Hersch, Director, Membership and Community Outreach
(718) 268-5011 ext. 121, [email protected]
*Update – May 5th, 2022*
We’re excited to share that we have added some great new classes to our exercise schedule, beginning Monday, May 9th! You can see our full list of in person exercise classes at Central Queens below. Additionally, you can also see our full schedule of exercise classes, which includes virtual classes as well as older adult exercise classes at our Bayside and Little Neck locations by clicking here.
Fitness Center Hours
Group Fitness Training Schedule
*Classes take place in our fourth floor studio.
** Classes take place in Multi-Purpose Room on first floor.
Sunday (NEW – Beginning May 15th)
*9:30-10:25am – Zumba
**9:15-10:00am – Cardio Circuit Challenge
**10:00-10:45am – Exercise with Light Weights
**11:00-12:00pm – Chair Yoga (NEW IN PERSON – Beginning May 9th)
*7:30-8:30pm – Zumba
*12:00-1:00pm – Yoga
*7:00-8:00pm – Cardio Strength
**9:15-10:00am – Danza-Dance Fitness
**10:00-10:45am – Stretch & Flex
*6:30-7:30pm – Zumba
**9:15-10:00am – Sculpt & Strengthen
**10:00-10:45am – Cardio Circuit Light
*6:30-7:30pm – Body Sculpt
*11:45am-12:45pm – Yoga
Saturday (NEW – Beginning May 14th)
*9:30-10:25am – Cardio Kickboxing
*10:30-11:25am – Total Body Strength
Welcome Back Safety Protocols
In accordance with the NYC & NYS Departments of Health guidelines, we have instituted the following measures:
Health Screening/Testing: All members (and parents on behalf of their children) will be asked to download the Commonpoint Queens app (available for FREE purchase in the app store for IOS and Android devices) to their phones in order to self-report and answer a series of symptom checking questions each day your child attends our program. Members will enter their information for anyone looking to enter our facility. We ask for one submission per adult. Once the questions are answered on the app, a screen with a green check will alert security and other arrival personnel that the child/person is ready for their temperature check. All individuals entering our buildings will be screened for temperature. If the temperature reads above 100.4, the person will not be granted entry.
The remote screening accomplishes two main goals:
- To keep anyone sick or feeling symptomatic at home and away from the school community to help stop the spread of the virus
- To alleviate the time it takes to check in to the school building in the morning, so we can maximize the on-site classroom/learning time.
Symptoms of COVID-19 that will prevent building entry:
- Fever (100.4◦F or higher);
- Sore throat;
- Uncontrolled cough that causes difficulty breathing (for students with chronic allergic/asthmatic cough, a change in their cough from baseline);
- Diarrhea, vomiting, or abdominal pain; or
- New onset of severe headache, especially with a fever
Pending Result: If you or anyone in your family has been tested for COVID-19, you are not permitted to enter our facilities until documentation of a negative result is provided.
Positive Result: If you or anyone in your family has been tested positive for COVID-19, you must quarantine for 14 days and consult with a physician before visiting any of our locations.
Equipment/Face Coverings: As per the NYC Department of Health, all persons over the age of 5 are required to wear masks at all times when using our facilities. The only exception is our indoor pool (open date pending). Young children under 5 do not need to wear face coverings. Older children are encouraged but not required to wear face coverings as feasible. Face coverings should not be used by children under the age of 2.
All staff will be required to wear a face mask at all times. Some employees, depending on their job functions, will be outfitted with more PPE such as face shields and gowns (nurses, facilities staff cleaning the bathrooms, etc.). We have put up polycarbonate barriers to protect the security guards.
Cleaning: The Commonpoint Queens facilities staff have been trained on hospital-grade cleaning and responsible for continuous cleaning of high-touch and high-traffic areas throughout the school day (e.g., bathrooms, door handles, stairwell handrails, elevator buttons, etc). Commonpoint Queens will continue to have a skilled cleaning crew disinfect the building after dismissal in preparation for the next school day.
We have continued to make sure disinfection of our building is a top priority and we have purchased industrial electrostatic sprayers to ensure the disinfection of each room on a daily basis. These machines have been deemed highly effective and have been cleared for use in high importance areas such as hospitals and universities.
To learn more, please check out these sites: https://www.cloroxpro.com/resource-center/clorox-total-360-for-healthier-schools/ https://www.bakersprayers.com/products/sprayer-cordless-backpack-vp300es
Please know that we will always err on the side of safety, as that is our primary concern. That said, we don’t want to be quick to close the entire school for an extended period of time if not necessary. Most likely, we will evaluate each case as it comes up, consult with health authorities, quickly make a decision, and be completely open and transparent with our members to the extent possible.
Morning Health Screening and Entry Protocol
- From Home – Answer App Screening Questions: Each day you want to enter our facilities, you will be asked to answer questions on our Commonpoint Queens app. Staff will be answering the screening questions as well. Security and arrival staff will screen all completed approval screens on your mobile device. If you are not able to complete the survey from your device, one of our team members will assist you. We encourage everyone to complete this task from home to ensure a smooth and efficient arrival process.
- At our agency, children and adults with a temperature of 100.4F will not be permitted entry into our locations.
Separate Entrances & New Routines (Central Queens)
- All members will be asked to enter and exit our facility through the Main Entrance. Other programs and services will use other means of egress throughout the location to monitor traffic flows.
- All members will be asked to follow the social distancing markers inside and outside the building.
Equipment Reservation System
- Time in the Body Shop will need to be reserved in advance. Sessions will be limited to 50 minute intervals per person to ensure adequate cleaning and controlled traffic.
- Each member can make (1) reservation per day. If you would like to request additional sessions, please reach out to the membership team to inquire. Additional sessions can only be approved on the day they are requested.
- Reservations can be made on our system, Sign Up Genius. (Please note: If you sign up for a reservation you will be charged for use of our facility/program).
It is critical that we have the most updated contact information for all members. We send consistent communication throughout the year. If your contact information changes, please let the Membership staff know as soon as possible.
Membership & Agency Blasts
Our Membership staff will send emails periodically to update you on agency programs, resources and other initiatives members can participate in as part of our community. Typically you’ll find those are from Rory Hersch, our Director of Membership and Jared Mintz, our Director of Communications.
Commonpoint Queens is proud to have a significant presence on many social media platforms. We encourage members to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
One Call Now (Text Messages)
Our agency utilizes an emergency texting system called “One Call Now” for emergency communication. We use this system to send quick text messages to alert families of school closures, snow days, and other critical messaging that families need to receive quickly. Make sure we have as many cell phone numbers as necessary.
To accommodate as many students as safely as possible, we are prepared to re-purpose many spaces into classrooms. Examples of these spaces include:
- Multipurpose Rooms
- Outdoor Playgrounds and Spaces
- Dance Studios
Following are some of the changes our students will see to accommodate the social distancing guidelines:
Stairwells will be divided into up and down staircases to monitor traffic flow.
Elevators will be reserved for only students and faculty with cases of documented medical necessity. Capacity is each elevator will be restricted to only adults and children from the same pod.
Floor markers to reinforce places to stand for social distancing are placed throughout our buildings.
Virtual & In Person Meet & Greets with Membership Staff
We want each member to have the opportunity to meet with our Membership team. Please reach out to schedule a session.
Rory Hersch, Director of Membership & Community Outreach
HELPFUL LINKS & RESOURCES
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention – Duration of Isolation and Precautions for Adults with COVID-19Limitations and Considerations
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention – When You Can be Around Others After You Had or Likely Had COVID-19
- NYC Department of Health – FAQ About COVID-19 for Health Care Providers
We trust that you find this information helpful and pledge to continue to keep you informed of any changes, as they arise. In addition to our Covid-related updates, we also will be sending out our regular email communication. As always, we thank you for your partnership and understanding during these challenging times.
Rory Hersch Director of Membership & Community Outreach
Rates include membership to Commonpoint Queens’ Central Queens, and use of all facilities including the pool, fitness center, exercise classes, personal training, and other fun and exciting programs.
Members also receive discounted rates to infant and toddler classes, youth sports programs, summer camps, swimming and dance classes, and more.
We are committed to serving our members and want to know what’s on your mind. If you have a question, comment, or concern, or just a helpful bit of advice, please stop by our membership office. There is also a suggestion box located at the front desk. Suggestions are read weekly. If you leave your name and number, the appropriate staff will respond to your suggestion. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Rory.
Please note that membership is a one-year contractual membership from the day you sign up.
2021 Central Queens Annual Membership Rates:*
|Membership Type||Eligibility||Annual Fee (1)||Monthly EFT|
|Family||Parents are unmarried dependent children up to age 23, living in same household||$859||$72|
|Couple||Two individuals 24+, living in the same household||$689||$57|
|Single Parent||Adult and children up to age 23 for whom they have legal custody, all living in the same household||$599||$50|
|Teen Camper**||Teen enrolled in Commonpoint Teen Camp||$210||$18|
|Community Senior Couple***||Two adults, 65+, living in the same household||$510||$43|
|Community Youth||Child 5-12 (no registration fee)||$260||N/A|
*New members (including members who have not renewed within 30 days of expiration) pay $50 registration fee (pertains to entire chart).
**Restrictions apply in Body Shop, Pool, Sauna. Speak to Health & Fitness desk staff.
***Health and Fitness Center not included.