Our Workforce Department is thrilled to be working with DYCD Workforce Connect and the DYCD Youth Employment Programs to present Advance & Earn, a unique new program for young people between the ages of 16-24 who are not currently working or attending school and live in any of the 5 boroughs of New York City.
LOCATION: – Workforce HUB (Elmhurst)
Young Adults (Ages 16-24)
Our Advance & Earn Program will provide you with:
- Pre-HSE – Literacy and math skills instruction
- HSE Test Preparation (GED)
- College access and application process
- Credentials, and Certifications
- SafeServ – Food Handling – Culinary Arts
- MOS – Microsoft Office Specialist
- Medical Training
- EKG / Phlebotomy
- CNA – Certified Nursing Assistant
- Career counseling and job placement
- Paid Internships
- Metrocards and more.
Get paid through exciting internships with high-growth industries in NYC!
Eligibility requirements include:
- Young people between the ages of 16 and 24 years old
- Residents of one of the five boroughs of New York City
- Currently not working or in school
- Willing to commit six months to the program
- Legally authorized to work in New York City